WHO IT IS FOR:
A single swipe is the first step in evening out your skin tone! This on-the-go cream color corrector helps to visibly even out your skin tone by neutralizing the appearance of discoloration. No matter your little flaws, this guy combats it. Simply utilize it before applying your foundation and let the correcting begin!
Made in Canada
Please see the Usage & Ingredients tab for how to use and ingredient information.
1. Always start with clean hands and a freshly cleansed face.
2. Apply your day moisturizer (preferably one that contains an SPF). Next, you can apply a primer for a smoother base. This is an optional step, but one worthy of considering for a more youthful appearance. A few drops of primer will smooth the appearance and texture of your complexion, as well as fill in fine lines - the perfect base for your foundation. It also helps to extend the longevity of your face and eye makeup, prevents eye shadow from creasing, and maintains an overall fresh appearance for as long as you wear your makeup.
3. Allow the moisturizer and/or primer to absorb a few minutes before continuing on to the foundation application. If necessary, you might want to blot any excess moisturizer with a tissue.
4. Address your under eye circles, shadows and imperfections with a concealer. Pat it on with a light finger so that it blends well.
5. You may use your fingers, a foundation brush or makeup sponge to apply the foundation. First, apply a few dots of your preferred liquid foundation to your nose, forehead, cheeks and chin. Continue to blend while avoiding a heavy application to the jawline and hairline (also known as a line of demarcation).
6. Once the foundation is blended, use either a translucent powder or one that matches your complexion to set the foundation. This also serves to absorb oils that cause your face to shine.
7. If you want a more natural look or have great skin, you can simply address specific areas that require coverage by applying your foundation to precise spots or areas. If you want to wear foundation that looks exceptionally natural and dewy, consider a tinted moisturizer. They're considerably sheer, yet provide a little coverage for uneven skin tone.
Choose a blush color that mimics the color of your cheeks when they're flushed from the cold, you've exercised or have blushed. You can also use your lip color as a guide. Blush can be applied before foundation for a subtle hint, but it's usually applied after foundation and face powder.
Cream vs. Powder vs. Gel
This is a personal preference, but usually powder suits combination and oily skin, whereas cream works well with dry skin. Tinted gels and liquids are outstanding for oilier skins.
Using a professional grade blush brush, run the bristles over the pan of makeup, shake off excess powder and apply to the apples of your cheeks. Blend if necessary. If you're using a gel or cream based blush, use your middle finger and highlight the apples of your cheeks. Blend well.
If you need additional color across your face, apply bronzer to the bridge of your nose, forehead and chin.
The key to purchasing bronzer is to choose a color one to two shades darker than your skin tone. If you have an extremely light complexion, you might want to choose one shade darker. Conversely, if you have a darker skin tone, a shade that is twice as dark as your skin tone will most likely provide the impact that you desire.
About the Collection
Cover FX launched in 2000 by the founding chemist of one of the world's most revered and respected beauty brands. Led by Vic Casale in product innovation, Cover FX is a prestigious cosmetic line with roots in dermatology. Cover FX is proud to offer one of the most ethnically diverse shade systems to provide tone-to-tone coverage for a spectrum of complexions.
During development, many hours were spent testing pigments on real people with a mission to provide exact-match coverage no matter the shade, type or tone of skin. Cover FX is also a comprehensive beauty brand with a competitive line of foundations, primers and concealers.
Meet your match with Cover FX.
About the Guest
With almost 30 years in the beauty industry, Derek Selby has held many positions from training, product development, PR, to spokesperson and more. His experience on live television working with models, actresses and everyday customers has not only afforded him unique insights as to what makes people feel beautiful, it's forged his passion for doing so.
HOW TO USE:
Apply directly to the skin on areas of discoloration before applying foundation and concealer. Blend into the skin with your fingertips. You can also use a brush, or a sponge. Follow with your foundation and concealer as you normally would apply.
Check out the How to for choosing and using the Color Correct Click.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Mica, Diisostearyl Malate, Synthetic Beeswax, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba, Cire de carnauba), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Squalane, Triacontanyl PVP, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Tocopherol ,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethyl Oleate, Tribehenin, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ceramide NG, PEG-10 Phytosterol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 MAY CONTAIN-(+/-) Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)
Average Days of Supply: 30.