jane iredale Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain Duo
WHO IT IS FOR:
This set of multipurpose lip and cheek stains adapt to your skin tone so you don't have to worry whether it's the right shade for you. That's already pretty great. But it stays on too - through lunch, dinner and maybe even a glass of wine.
Made in the USA
Please see the Usage & Ingredients tab for how to use and ingredient information.
Equally moisturizing as it is enhancing, lipstick is a ubiquitous staple in every woman's makeup bag. An optional but recommended step is to first smooth your lips with a lip primer. Then, apply the lip liner. This effectively creates lip definition, as well as helps to prevent lipstick from feathering. Choose a lip liner that matches the color of your lipstick or your lip tone.
To create a silhouette, start at the center of your upper lip, draw a line to the outer corners in two steps. Always follow your natural lip line. If you make a mistake, simply use a cotton swab with a bit of toner to make corrections.
Finally, apply the lipstick with a tube or brush, following your natural lip line. Take care to fill in the curves and angles, and follow with an optional blot with a facial tissue. In the end, you'll have a gorgeous, well defined, long-lasting pout.
1. Always start with clean hands and a freshly cleansed face.
2. Apply your day moisturizer (preferably one that contains an SPF). Next, you can apply a primer for a smoother base. This is an optional step, but one worthy of considering for a more youthful appearance. A few drops of primer will smooth the appearance and texture of your complexion, as well as fill in fine lines - the perfect base for your foundation. It also helps to extend the longevity of your face and eye makeup, prevents eye shadow from creasing, and maintains an overall fresh appearance for as long as you wear your makeup.
3. Allow the moisturizer and/or primer to absorb a few minutes before continuing on to the foundation application. If necessary, you might want to blot any excess moisturizer with a tissue.
4. Address your under eye circles, shadows and imperfections with a concealer. Pat it on with a light finger so that it blends well.
5. You may use your fingers, a foundation brush or makeup sponge to apply the foundation. First, apply a few dots of your preferred liquid foundation to your nose, forehead, cheeks and chin. Continue to blend while avoiding a heavy application to the jawline and hairline (also known as a line of demarcation).
6. Once the foundation is blended, use either a translucent powder or one that matches your complexion to set the foundation. This also serves to absorb oils that cause your face to shine.
7. If you want a more natural look or have great skin, you can simply address specific areas that require coverage by applying your foundation to precise spots or areas. If you want to wear foundation that looks exceptionally natural and dewy, consider a tinted moisturizer. They're considerably sheer, yet provide a little coverage for uneven skin tone.
Choose a blush color that mimics the color of your cheeks when they're flushed from the cold, you've exercised or have blushed. You can also use your lip color as a guide. Blush can be applied before foundation for a subtle hint, but it's usually applied after foundation and face powder.
Cream vs. Powder vs. Gel
This is a personal preference, but usually powder suits combination and oily skin, whereas cream works well with dry skin. Tinted gels and liquids are outstanding for oilier skins.
Using a professional grade blush brush, run the bristles over the pan of makeup, shake off excess powder and apply to the apples of your cheeks. Blend if necessary. If you're using a gel or cream based blush, use your middle finger and highlight the apples of your cheeks. Blend well.
If you need additional color across your face, apply bronzer to the bridge of your nose, forehead and chin.
The key to purchasing bronzer is to choose a color one to two shades darker than your skin tone. If you have an extremely light complexion, you might want to choose one shade darker. Conversely, if you have a darker skin tone, a shade that is twice as dark as your skin tone will most likely provide the impact that you desire.
HOW TO USE:
Use with a lip brush or apply directly on the lips from the tube. The stain will go on clear and you will gradually see the color develop. You can increase the color by layering the product. When using on the cheeks, apply with a brush or your finger. Be sure to blend it out so it looks like your natural glow.
Triisostearyl Citrate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Pomegranate) Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid. [+/- (May Contain) Red 21 (CI 45380) (Aka 223), Orange 5 (CI 45370) (Aka 201)]
Average Days of Supply: Depends on use.