WHO IT IS FOR:
Ora Mineral Foundation is loose powder mineral foundation that feels weightless yet is buildable to provide medium to full coverage that is thorough, yet natural looking.
Made in the USA.
Please see the Usage & Ingredients tab for how to use and ingredient information.
1. Always start with clean hands and a freshly cleansed face.
2. Apply your day moisturizer (preferably one that contains an SPF). Next, you can apply a primer for a smoother base. This is an optional step, but one worthy of considering for a more youthful appearance. A few drops of primer will smooth the appearance and texture of your complexion, as well as fill in fine lines - the perfect base for your foundation. It also helps to extend the longevity of your face and eye makeup, prevents eye shadow from creasing, and maintains an overall fresh appearance for as long as you wear your makeup.
3. Allow the moisturizer and/or primer to absorb a few minutes before continuing on to the foundation application. If necessary, you might want to blot any excess moisturizer with a tissue.
4. Address your under eye circles, shadows and imperfections with a concealer. Pat it on with a light finger so that it blends well.
5. You may use your fingers, a foundation brush or makeup sponge to apply the foundation. First, apply a few dots of your preferred liquid foundation to your nose, forehead, cheeks and chin. Continue to blend while avoiding a heavy application to the jawline and hairline (also known as a line of demarcation).
6. Once the foundation is blended, use either a translucent powder or one that matches your complexion to set the foundation. This also serves to absorb oils that cause your face to shine.
7. If you want a more natural look or have great skin, you can simply address specific areas that require coverage by applying your foundation to precise spots or areas. If you want to wear foundation that looks exceptionally natural and dewy, consider a tinted moisturizer. They're considerably sheer, yet provide a little coverage for uneven skin tone.
Choose a blush color that mimics the color of your cheeks when they're flushed from the cold, you've exercised or have blushed. You can also use your lip color as a guide. Blush can be applied before foundation for a subtle hint, but it's usually applied after foundation and face powder.
Cream vs. Powder vs. Gel
This is a personal preference, but usually powder suits combination and oily skin, whereas cream works well with dry skin. Tinted gels and liquids are outstanding for oilier skins.
Using a professional grade blush brush, run the bristles over the pan of makeup, shake off excess powder and apply to the apples of your cheeks. Blend if necessary. If you're using a gel or cream based blush, use your middle finger and highlight the apples of your cheeks. Blend well.
If you need additional color across your face, apply bronzer to the bridge of your nose, forehead and chin.
The key to purchasing bronzer is to choose a color one to two shades darker than your skin tone. If you have an extremely light complexion, you might want to choose one shade darker. Conversely, if you have a darker skin tone, a shade that is twice as dark as your skin tone will most likely provide the impact that you desire.
About the Collection
Step into the spotlight with Julie Hewett - a cosmetic collection developed by one of the foremost makeup artists working in the film industry today.
The 1940s brought the Golden Age of Hollywood, where leading ladies looked classic and glamorous. With over twenty years of experience, Julie fuses classic beauty and time-honored ingredients to create products unlike any other. Actors and studios throughout Los Angeles rely on her tools and expertise to create magnificent on-screen appeal. Offering a number of beauty essentials, including concealers, foundations, blushes, lipsticks and more, Julie Hewett Cosmetics look fabulous on and off-set.
Crafted to professional makeup standards, each product is free from parabens, petrochemicals, phthalate, sulfates and talc. In addition, many items include her signature ingredient, camellia oil, which she uses on all of her celebrity clientele. Sourced from the oriental camellia flower, this time-honored ingredient has been used for centuries. Rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids and lipids, camellia oil helps moisturize skin and improve the complexion's appearance, making you ready for the limelight.
Give yourself the A-list treatment and discover the makeup artist Hollywood has trusted for decades with Julie Hewett Cosmetics.
About the Guest
For the past two decades, Julie Hewett has been one of the foremost makeup artists working in Hollywood. Trusted by numerous A-list celebrities, Julie's work can be seen on the silver screen in dozens of major motion pictures.
Creating products on-set for her celebrity clientele, each cosmetic is created straight from the heart with passion and as a labor of love.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, Mica & Superoxide Dismutase & Catalase & Apple Extract, Horseradish, Phospholipids, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Green Tea Extract, Lavender, Sandalwood, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Rosemary, Sage, Cedarwood, Palmarosa. May Contain (+/-) Iron Oxide, Ultramarines.